Saturday, March 31, 2012

Go West!

Yes! Finally! Boys and girls, I'm about to embark on a little trip and I just can't wait!

Y'all know I'm at my absolute finest when I'm travelling.  And I'm at my equal, yet different, finest when I'm hanging out with my family.  And this coming week I'm combining the two!

The whole family is heading out West to be with my sister and her husband for Easter.  First, though, my brother and I are sight-seeing in Vancouver and spending some time with my sister in Victoria before my parents arrive.  When my parents get there (from their own little trip in Arizona), we'll be heading to a cabin on Salt Spring Island tout en famille (plus an extra aunt and some of my sister's oldest friends).

Despite throwing my knee out at work yesterday, I'm super excited.  I've twisted my knee pretty bad a few times before, so I know the protocol of constant icing, wearing a brace, and hobbling about.  I'm pretty bummed that I won't be able to take hikes with the family, but I should be ok to take walks around the city.  My brother even said that we could rent a tandem bike in Stanley Park and that I could just come along for the ride.  I can already tell it's going to be a memorable trip!

Just a few of the (too many) things I'm packing
Jean Shirt - H&M
Lace Shirt - Forever 21
Striped Circle Scarf - American Apparel
Green Sweater - Thrifted
Silk Scarf - Thrifted

Apparently the weather out there is only going to be a smidge warmer than here, but that's ok with me!  The knee brace I've got is a bit of a monstrosity, so better for me to be able to cover it up with pants and leggings than have it's black and red glaring against my alabaster legs.

Seriously thought dudes.  I've only ever seen mountains from the Alberta side, and I was six so it doesn't count.  I've NEVER seen the Pacific Ocean.  I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

I'll send postcards!

Love,

Your friend Lina 

No comments:

Post a Comment